Moo Pig Wisdom is a brilliant combination of Antiquity and Prequel Modern Flea Market. We respectfully ask you to mind your children while here.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Perfunctory, Libertarian: Just Plain 'old Simple

Candice Robertson and filing for a Web Portfolio Publishing
April 16, 2007

I am not a big computer buff. I have been taught several different ways to upload information. I find that it's the simple things that work for me, and I tend to stick with them. For me, the most effective method for organizing and uploading a group of files works in a few simple steps. For the first step of course I have to find the information that I am looking for via research on the internet, or other materials. After using a search engine, or searching directly for what I am looking for, I find the information and make files corresponding to the information that is found. I tend to organize my information using different folders including the type of information that I was searching for.

For example, the pictures of my horses are in a folder labeled “My Steeds”. I save the folder in the My Pictures portion of my hard drive. For pictures of my kids I label my folder “My Babies” and keep that in the same place. Now when it comes to any written information that I may use for research for school, I will create a new folder, label it “Research”, and store it in with the corresponding class that I have already created on my hard drive.

This may seem a little bit strange to those individuals who are big computer people, but this system is one that works for me. It seems simple, painless, and gets me organized in a way that makes sense in my brain.

I upload other bits of information such as music, and store it on my hard drive. These folders that I use to store music are labeled with the artist, filed in the type of music, and stores in the “My Music” folder on my hard drive. I have a great way of storing valuable information that I don’t want to be destroyed, or be erased off of my computer by accident. I use a pen drive also called a zip drive. These little pieces of equipment are the best thing since sliced bread.

I have discovered that I can store a large amount of information on this device that I for sure do not want to be deleted, or lost. My pen drive information is uploaded from the hard drive on my computer. I sort through the information on my computer to figure out what it is that I want to keep, label the files according to the “file system” that I have devised for my other information, and save it.

To make sure that it doesn’t get erased off of the pen drive, I lock it using the lock/unlock switch on the outside of the pen drive. There is an awesome way to compress information that would open up more space on my hard drive. If I were to zip my files, or compress them together, I know that this would open up a lot more space on my hard drive. I just haven’t done this yet. So, this is my simple, yet effective way to uploading and organizing a group of files. (retrieved 17/April/07)

Dear Candice:
I feel a twang on my heart strings as I read your post and threads. I have a special place in my being for all persons using the computer today. Of course I am leading in to my personal reckoning with PC, and all. And yes this is supposed to be semi-humorous...

You see, older folk in their eighties, siblings and children, all appear delusional in many respects, as they have allowed the computer to take on personhood. They sense something is up, but lack motivation to make it their own. I am speaking of the internet and all its microcosmic flair to attract and repel people. I say pick a personal project that you are dying to do, and put it in the machine.

In 1969 I was in my first and last computer math class. In that class it was speculated that glorious developments were just around the next bend. It turns out those developments had to cross the mountains, on elephant back, pulling trains of nobles. But that is another story.

It is not us who are lesser, or destined by a trip on the short busses of life. Evidence shows that all are tripping up in the path to truth on the IT highway. I have found some peace knowing that all that was promised in my 1969 computer class is now coming to be almost 40 years later. But for me I think of the computer as a tool, a simple tool, like a screwdriver.

People are what make it complicated. Like the old saying: "Here is the screwdriver, but you still have to turn the screw." So after 20 + years of feeling like a knucklehead, humiliated by complicated machine languages I could not learn, I moved to the idiot stage. It was then I said "How shall I proceed?"

I found if I gave the PC second class status and made it just another tool in my tool shed, I was happier. That is when my relationship with computing really took off. I began accomplishing lifetime dream projects that were only a dream; they are projects, like labors of love, that I would never have made real without de-personalizing the tool, and personalizing myself.

One major project happening today for me is going to college in the autumn of life and not having to sit around young people who would have anyway disdained my presence.

Okay I think you can understand my drift, and I hope it helps you somehow. Millions of persons are just entering the computer domains, and many have been here since the 60's. Neither group knows for sure where it is going.

That's my story, and I will stick to it. Thanks for being so honest in your statements. Please do not hesitate to write me back, and give me your wit and wisdom. PD

No comments:

Blog Archive

SUNDAY :: bishop FM 105.9 Auckland



[Go To SOURCE]

Gary Grainger LIVE BluesShow from Auckland, 6 to 8PM LondonTime .... you listen too.

DISCLAIMER

: It is PROHIBITED by law to use our service or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or for any other purpose subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq. MooPig Wisdom does not provide consumer reports and is not a consumer reporting agency. The information available on our website may not be 100% accurate, complete, or up to date, so do not use this information as a substitute for your own due diligence, especially if you have concerns about a person’s criminal history. MooPig Wisdom does not make any representation or warranty about the accuracy of the information available through our website or about the character or integrity of the person about whom you inquire. So dip your balls in turpentine and get rid of your own fleas before calling me out.

Ask Someone Who Cares -- SUCH AS SUCH MULCH

To report any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist,
homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, please click
--ask_someone_who cares -- ASWC to report with pertinent details.

Anyone posting such material will be immediately mesquitte blackened over a very hot pit fire down at C and J's BBQ on Harvey-Elmo-Weedon Road, and permanently removed from all servers, its IP
owner will be locked in a small room with back issues of
The ECONOMIST, and one scratchy re-mix 8-track tape of Steely Dan's first album...
IP addresses might be recorded to aid us in enforcing these conditions, that is if we cared.

A Fantastically Flawed Script for a Jazz Rock Opera -- "GAZA"

A Fantastically Flawed Script for a Jazz Rock Opera -- "GAZA"
GAZA by Pat Darnell for the Age of Attritionally Challenged

Email MooPigster Customers' Alert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CywR3ouHKP4
If you receive this post via email, you notice it is mostly 'blank'.
We at MooPig Surmise, that at this point, one either says:
"WOW, I'm off the hook, and don't have to pay any attention to that pesky MooPig STUFF!!"
-- OR --
"Hey, where is it ...?"
The answer is: "IT IS A youTUBE presentation"... and you will now click on the http above to go see this modern miracle of technology.

MooPig Wisdom is Your Life-Line to Parody:
24\7 -- We accept all Calls from Contestants

MPW Unique Value Proposition, UVP
Shards of Evidence ... Opinion and Editorial ... We Blunderbuss indigestible Ersatz of Readers' and Writers' ... Explain Strategies of quasi-firms... and some not so quasi ... 110% Proof
One Only
Advertisement Only One
Publisher of Satire ... Enemy to Bombast ... Very Swank ... More Fun to Write than to Read

MooPig Wisdom is online to provide spring board for writers.
MooPig is the Writers' Writer that encourages voice, content, and style. PD

Bill Gaines said it

Bill Gaines said it
"My staff and contributors create the magazine," declared Gaines. "What I create is the atmosphere."